You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

INTERNATIONAL MOVING
-> Packing for International Move
Sep 07, 21:41
Question by pauloecarol (caroline)

Shipping items from New York to Brazil?

i were living in NY for the last year and a half, and now i'm going back to Sao Paulo, Brazil, and would like to know what kind of documents i'll need to get my things once it gets to Brazil?

Sep 21, 14:36
Answer by ()

Because you’re moving overseas, you’ll need to use an international moving company or an international shipping company. There are strict rules on shipping stuff overseas these days, so the folks who handle the moving will also need to be the ones who pack the items.

A few rules of thumb:

* Shipping stuff internationally is expensive, so get a quote for how much it will cost, and then determine whether it’s a better idea to just get rid of what you have and buy in Brazil.

* All the customs arrangements will be handled by the shipping company, but know beforehand what’s allowed and what isn’t.

* When you arrange for shipping your items, ask the company what you’ll need to pick them up – ID, etc. They should know the rules for all international companies.

For more information on moving to Brazil, check out www.moving2brazil.net, especially the section on Brazilian customs and visa requirements.

Good luck with your move,

@ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)