How can I get my mover to accept my damage claim?
Aug 18, 12:37
Answer by ktooley (Karen Tooley)
Rate this Answer
Dec 28, 07:41
Comment by wayne.c.jordan (Wayne Jordan)
A pivotal point here is the inventory exception sheet that you signed when your goods were picked up. If the exception sheet shows that your items were damaged when they were picked up, your claim has been denied for that reason. It makes no difference if you think that they were damaged; what matters is what it says on the form you signed. I've appraised moving damage claims for over 20 years, and most claims that are denied are denied because the shipper (you) didn't take the time to read and understand the codes on the inventory exception sheet.
1. Shipping a Small Load to the UK
2. Moving Insurance
3. Moving from Philadelphia to Puerto Rico?
4. Moving Insurance Question
5. Got Scammed by Movers
6. Tipping for a Local Move
7. What are insurance options for my move?
8. Do I get reimbursed if my moving delivery dates are not met?
9. What is the optimal amount of deposit for a move?
10. Reporting of actual weight of transported goods
See all questions from FINANCIAL SIDE OF MOVING->Other questions