Need a Mover?
Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

PACKING AND PREPARING YOUR ITEMS
-> Moving boxes and supplies
Jul 02, 14:50
Question by humphreys1rmea (Richard Humphreys)

Will moving companies supply my moving boxes?

Do moving companies supply all of the boxes for the move or do I need to have the boxes for my plasma t.v., computer, etc. on hand?

Jul 06, 17:30
Answer by bobfein (Bob F.)

You need to address that with your moving company before they show up on moving day!

Generally speaking, some moving companies will throw in moving supplies free or at a reduced cost, or they might let you use some 'lightly used' boxes from previous jobs.

However, if you expect the moving companies to give you boxes on your moving day, you'll have to pay for them, and you'll pay a pretty penny. I would recommend getting moving boxes well before your move, and get more than you think you'll need -- people ALWAYS need more than they expect. Websites like Shop4Boxes.com will deliver directly to your home, and will overnight them if you're behind in your packing.

Moving companies should be able to help you track down the specialty boxes you mention. Otherwise, you can almost always find them online, or speak to the retailer where you bought them -- they might have some of these you can have or buy.

Related Articles:

All You Need to Know About Moving Boxes

Good luck with your move,

Bob F. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)