Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINDING A MOVER
-> Other questions
May 26, 17:15
Question by asmarafeeq (asmarafeeq)

Where can I find loading/unloading moving help?

I will be moving from Detroit to Chicago in about a month and a half. I have a one-bedroom apartment with lots of large furniture. I was thinking about packing my items myself, hiring a company for loading/unloading the truck, and then driving the rental truck myself to chicago to save money. Do you know of any reputable companies to go to for hiring the loading/unloading people?

May 28, 17:23
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

Asmara,

There are companies that offer this type of service. One is Moving Labor Services, they have a network of moving labor providers and offer relatively cheap moving labor in many cities across USA.

You could also hire folks who offer this service off of a Website like Craigslist, or in New York, there are signs plastered on telephone calls offering moving services. 

However, be wary. The problem is insurance. If the people you hire don't have Workmen's Comp coverage through whomever employs them, you could face the liability if they're injured on your property. Your homeowners insurance might not be of help: they could claim the movers aren't direct employees of yours. Talk to your insurance company about it.

Whoever you hire, check out their credentials and recommendations. You're going to be allowing these folks into your home; you want to be sure you'll be safe, and that they've done good work for others.

Related Content:

How to Make a Small Move

13 Lucky Ways to Cut the Costs of Your Move

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)