Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINDING A MOVER
-> Licensing questions
Apr 19, 23:42
Question by rchopra0 (RC)

How to choose a Pennsylvania moving company?

Do you guys know any information about Quality Move Co US DOT: 1564772. They are giving me an estimate of $1045 for small move (<2000 lbs) from PA to NY. I can find very little information on the company except that they are BBB accredited. I think they only have one truck.

Apr 20, 09:31
Answer by tjohnson (Tim J.)

To get information about specific moving companies, go to the protectyourmove.gov Website and enter the company's DOT #. You will see information about number of truck they operate, as well as where they're based, complaint history, information about insurance and inspection reports and other information. If you want to do a thorough investigation of your moving company, read this article on checking out your moving company

Otherwise, check out this article on the biggest mistakes when hiring a moving company

As far as your estimate, did they do an in-home inspection? It's hard to comment on a quote not knowing exactly how many miles will be driven, or whether your moving weight is accurate.  

Good luck with your move,

Tim J. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2018, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)