Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

PACKING AND PREPARING YOUR ITEMS
-> Other questions
Mar 09, 23:13
Question by jayastev (Jaya)

What's cost-effective way to ship boxes overseas?

I just need to ship 10 boxes of books and kitchen items overseas. What is the cheapest way to do it?

Mar 31, 09:11
Answer by julie (Julie Owens)

Check with two sources: international moving companies, and the major parcel post companies.

The moving companies might find the shipment too small, but you can ask anyways so you can see what kind of price you might face. The parcel post companies can surely do it, and will have various pricing options for you.

One thing to keep in mind when shipping overseas -- whoever ships for you may have to repack the boxes and do an inventory because customs requires that the contents be certified by the moving company or shipping company.  So before you get everything packed into your boxes, find out how this will be handled.

Good luck with your move,

Julie Owens @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

Jul 21, 13:59
Comment by jet19k (julian)

i have been moving things across seas often and the best way to do it is to use a freight forwarder...they will give you a cheaper price and the one i use for all my shipping is called air cargo global, they were the most helpful i thought.

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)