FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Apollo Van Lines USDOT #841867
-> Company public recordsJan 11, 09:49
Question by metz1055 (Max)
Is Apollo Van Lines DOT#841867 MC#372784 a safe company to use?
Jan 19, 00:09
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Apollo Van Lines, USDOT #841867
Safety Of Use Rating: C
(78.82%, BE CAUTIOUS - see how we calculate SOUR)
From their website www.apollomovers.com:
- This company is not an agent for any major van lines
- Licensing information: NYDOT: #34365, US DOT: #841867
- Services offered: local, long distance, commercial.
- Contact Information: toll free: 888-303-MOVE
- Members of: no known movers association specified
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: USDOT same as on their site, MCC #372784
- Trucks: 18
- Phones: (718) 969-6235
- Office location: 70-31 84th St, Glendale, NY 11385
- The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license and insurance.
- Inspections section shows statistics below the national average for the driver out-of-service rating, however it is slightly higher then average for the vehicle rating.
From other sources:
- Not members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: 1/1/1995
- This summary was listed under Nature of Business: "Consumers allege that Apollo Van Lines charges 50% over the original estimate and arrives late to scheduled pick-up appointments. Consumers also report missing and damaged property. One consumer reports that the company hired two unskilled teenagers to move her property into her new home."
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 month: 20. Complaints issues: Contract Disputes (3), Credit or Billing Disputes (2), Delivery Issues (11), Selling Practices (2), and Service Issues (2). The complaints where mostly resolved.
I would recommend being cautious about using this company. This company performs many moves, as indicated by the size of their fleet. However, being mentioned so often as a scammer, and having a serious number of complaints on BBB, their public record indicates that every seventh move they do result in customer dissatisfaction one way or another. They also are listed on MovingScam's black list, and companies don't usually end up there for no reason.
If you still decide for some reason to hire this company we advise you to take some protective steps. Follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move). Also, insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
5. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
6. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: A A A Moving & Storage Corporation, Oakdale, NY
9. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
10. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service