FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Astro Moving & Storage in St James, New York
-> Company public recordsJan 09, 09:16
Question by metz1055 (Max)
Is Astro Moving and Storage, located in St James, New York, an agent of Allied Van Lines NYDOT#T917 ICCMC #15735, DOT#076235 a safe company to hire?
Jan 19, 20:36
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Astro Moving & Storage in St James, New York
Safety Of Use Rating: NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION FOR SOUR
(see how we calculate SOUR)
From their website www.astromoving.com:
- This company is an agent for Allied Vanlines
- Licensing information: NYDOT: #T917, ICC MC: #15735 (Allied Vanlines)
- Serving Long Island and Rhode Island.
- Contact Information: toll free: 800-992-1015
- Members of: LIMSA and BBB Online Reliability Program
We were not able to find their file on Safersys.org, and the USDOT and ICC MC licensing numbers provided for this company belong to Allied Vanlines, making it hard to locate the particular file dealing with Astro.
In order to find out their own USDOT or ICC MC number I contacted the companyon the phone, however the sales representative was unable (or unwilling) to provide me with the information I requested.
As a result, we will not be able to officially rate this company. In order to still get some idea on the scale of their operations I asked about the number of trucks they have and received a number: 43.
From Better Business Bureau:
From other sources:
- Members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: 1/1/1975
- Contact information: address: 30 Jefferson Avenue, St. James, NY 11780, phones: (631) 584-7700, (516) 489-1110, (718) 895-2021
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 month: 12. Complaints issues: Contract Disputes (2), Credit or Billing Disputes (1), Delivery Issues (4), Selling Practices (3), and Service Issues (2). The complaints where mostly resolved.
I would recommend to be cautious about using this company. This company performs many moves, however we could not verify the size of their fleet on official goverment website. If we assume they have 43 trucks as their sales representative told me over the phone, then their SOUR rating would be "B" (3.15%) or "RELATIVELY SAFE".
If you still decide to hire this company we advise you to take some protective steps. Follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move). Also, insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
5. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
6. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: A A A Moving & Storage Corporation, Oakdale, NY
9. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
10. Consumer Report: Fixed Price Moving Systems Inc., USDOT# 961903
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service