FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Quality Moving & Storage USDOT #677602
-> Company public recordsJan 09, 09:12
Question by metz1055 (Max)
Is Quality Moving & Storage an agent of North American Van Lines DOT# T33873 or DOT #677602 a safe company to use?
Jan 16, 23:33
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Quality Moving & Storage, USDOT #677602
Safety Of Use Rating: A
(95.81%, RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)
From their website www.qualitynorthamerican.com:
- This company is an agent for North American Van Lines
- Contact Information: phone 631-254-4000
- Address: 523 Commack Rd. Deer Park, NY 11729
- Members of: no known movers association specified
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: USDOT #677602
- Trucks: 12
- Phone: (516) 234-4800
- Office location: 3180 Expressway Drive South, Islandia, NY 11722
- There is one red flag I noticed in the report: under Operation Classification there is an X next to "APPLYING FOR" instead of "Auth. For Hire", meaning there might be a problem with their license. Make sure you mention it when talking top their sales representative.
- Inspections section shows one inspection with no problems with the vehicle, but a problem with their driver. However it is not enough to establish safety patterns.
From other sources:
- Not members of the BBB
- Have satisfactory record with the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: 1/1/1996
- Address: 523 Commack Road, Deer Park, NY 11729
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 month: 5. Complaints issues: Contract Disputes (1), Delivery Issues (2), Repair Issues (2). Resolution: 3 were resolved, however the consumers remains dissatisfied, 1 ignored by the company
- New York State Movers & Warehousemens Association: not listed as a member
- LIMSA: listed as a member
- MovingScam.com: they mention the company, however no particular complaints or issues were raised by MovingScam visitors or team.
- ConsumerAffairs.com: there is one complaint where the name "Quality Moving" is mentioned, however we cannot establish that it is the same Quality Moving & Storage company, and therefore would disregard this complaint. (For the record, here is the complaint: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/movers/shalom.html
- Other Sources: we did not find any other traces of this company anywhere else.
I believe it is safe to move with this company. Although they got some complaints on BBB, you should remember that moving company with a truck fleet of that size perform over 2000 pick ups a year, and according to our estimate only around 70 moves draw complaints from the customers, which is approximately 1 move in 30, or around 3.4%. Also, being an agent of a major van lines gives it some additional credibility.
To stay on a safe side follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move), and insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
4. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
5. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
6. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
9. Consumer Report: A A A Moving & Storage Corporation, Oakdale, NY
10. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service