You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINANCIAL SIDE OF MOVING
-> Moving estimates
Feb 04, 14:47
Question by tjohnson (Tim J.)

What does this binding estimate mean?

I have a quick question ... one of the moving companies I am talking to has given me a binding estimate with a weight allowance credit shipment. Under their price assurance section it says my straight talk price assurance total amount includes the following bound items: If the actual weight is less than the bound weight shown above, a weight allowance credit equal to $52.00 per hundredweight(cwt) will be credited to the customer based on the difference between the bound weight and actual weight or a 2100 pound minimum, whichever is greater... Does this mean I will get reimbursed if the actual weight is less than 2100 .... or it doesn't matter ... there's a 2100 pound minimum and the binding estimate price I received will remain the same... Thanks. John

Feb 04, 14:57
Answer by tjohnson (Tim J.)

John,

If the actual move weight is less than the weight you were quoted in your estimate, you will pay a smaller amount.

However, if you have less than 2100 pounds, you will still pay for a 2100 pound move. The moving company is essentially capping your moving costs at a maximum and minimum amount.

Please be sure to confirm this with your moving company, just to be safe. Here's more information on how a moving company sets your estimate.

Good luck with your move,

Tim J. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)