You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINANCIAL SIDE OF MOVING
-> Moving estimates
Dec 30, 15:56
Question by mersoonmoon (Shyrl)

What's a ballpark moving quote? Don't want to enter personal information

I just want a quote without having to give my personal information. Is there anywhere I can find a list of what movers charge by room, or size or time?

Feb 04, 15:14
Answer by tjohnson (Tim J.)

Hi Shyrl,

All sorts of moving companies will give that to you over the phone or via an inventory, but that's not a good way to get an estimate. The only way to get a true estimate is to have the moving company come into your home and see exactly what you need moved. You should have at least 3 companies do this so you get an idea of the going rate.

If you just want an idea of how you'll pay, this moving calculator will give you an estimate based on what several moving companies charge. It's just an estimate, but it's a start if you don't want to give our personal information. Go directly to the Full Service Mover Costs tab if you don't want to estimate your move weight.

If you're making a short distance move, it will be charged by the hour. Just call a few firms in your area and ask them their rate. This moving calculator doesn't do short-distance or small moves, because there are too many variables involved.

Good luck with your move,

Tim J. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2014, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)