Need a Mover?
Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

PREPARING YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY
-> Other questions
Dec 17, 23:15
Question by Wheezy1Lung31 (Micheal Mccloy)

Finding the right place to move to

I want to move to a warmer climate. But I'm worried about the cost of living, and don't want to end up in a "bad" neighborhood. Is there a way to research this online before I move?

Dec 18, 00:11
Answer by bobfein (Bob F.)

Micheal,

Internet is certainly the place to do that kind of research. One of the best places to do it would be BestPlaces.net. Basically, you need to enter your destination zip code, and you will get all the statistical data you are interested in (compared to the national average). The data includes demographics, economy, housing, health, crime, climate, education, transportation, cost of living, religion, and voting data.

For example, if you consider Phoenix, AZ (certainly a warmer climate no matter where you live) then check each of the zip codes of greater Phoenix. E.g. zip code 85014 has the following data: crime rates are more then twice as high as the national average, cost of living on the other hand is slightly lower then the nat. average. Sarasota, FL on the other hand has a somewhat better figures: for zip code 34232 the crime rates are slightly lower then the nat. average, but the cost of living is slightly higher.

I'm not sure that this tool should be your primary guide to find your future residence, but it is definitely helpful, especially since you can compare any zip code to the one you are living in now.

Good luck with your move,

Bob F. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)