Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

GENERAL ISSUES
-> Other questions
Jun 16, 03:54
Question by blagoves (Anastasia)

Expensive furniture moving, storage and insurance - my best options?

I will need to arrange for a local move (25 miles) of expensive heavy mahogany furniture and would need to store it in the humidity-controlled storage facility for 2 - 7 months (depending on how fast the house sells) before it gets to its final destination. Please advise me on my best options. Do all the movers offer the option of such storage or should I look for it elsewhere? What type of insurance would I need? Thanks a lot, Anastasia

Jun 16, 22:11
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

Anastasia,

First of all, since you are talking about some expensive antique furniture I would recommend you to look for specialty storage facility. Since storage is usually not the main line of business of a typical moving company, your furniture would be better off staying all those months in a dedicated climate-controlled storage facility.

Regarding insurance: I believe you can insure your items for the move, not sure about the storage. I would recommend you to check your options directly with a moving insurance company (for example visit MovingInsurance.com). The insurance is usually not expensive.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)