You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINANCIAL SIDE OF MOVING
-> Moving estimates
Apr 15, 22:41
Question by sami20 (sami)

Moving from Detroit to Minneapolis

I will be moving from Detroit to Minneapolis in late June. I live in a one bedroom and I have just 2 couches and a king bed. I have got a qoute for 2068$ which is really high. I have a budget of 1500 max for that. Which company do you think I should contact? And how much do you estimate it normally should cost me? I really appreciate your reply.

Apr 16, 11:56
Answer by julie (Julie Owens)

Sami,

Your shipment is probably around 3000 lbs, so the quote you got is a bit on a high side ($0.69 pr lb). I would recommend you to shop around some more and have companies do visual estimates in your apartment, and offer you solid flat prices. Try our free quotes form too, there are few movers in Detroit who can help you, or check this list of movers: Detroit movers.

Another good option would be to try one of the self moving companies. Its usually cheaper, but you would have to do some moving yourself.

Good luck with your move,

Julie Owens @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)