You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINANCIAL SIDE OF MOVING
-> Moving estimates
Mar 08, 18:39
Question by danielmbrian (Daniel Brian)

Moving from Philadelphia to San Francisco

I am moving from Philadelphia to San Francisco. I don't have that much stuff (around 200 cubic feet) that I moved back to my parents place from a tiny studio in NYC, and am hoping to get it moved out at a reasonable cost. Any thoughts on what I should expect to pay and what reliable (SOUR rating of A) moving services cover the Philadelphia area?

Mar 10, 12:36
Answer by julie (Julie Owens)

Daniel,

Your move is more like a small move, since it is very close to the minimum required by long distance movers (it is usually between 1,000-2,000 lbs, and your shipment would be around 1,500 lbs). Typically, moving with a regular long distance mover would cost you in a range of $0.75-$0.90 per lb., so you would be looking at a $1,200-$1,400 range.

Since we stopped rating movers on this site (please refer to the following notice: Why did MovingAnswers.org stopped rating movers) I would recommend you to follow the instructions in our SOUR page to research any mover that you are considering to hire. Movers in the SOUR range of AAA to B are safe to use.

Good luck with your move,

Julie Owens @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

Moving Boxes & Supplies

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)