You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Made Simple

TRUCK RENTAL & SELF MOVING
-> Self moving questions
Sep 22, 17:02
Question by ampetry (Alicia)

How reliable it is to move with a self moving company?

I am looking into all the possible ways to move and got a great quote from ABF U-Pack and my fiance and I really like the idea of doing everything ourselves except driving the truck. Is this a reputable moving company? We're on a strict budget so we can't afford costly problems with a mover that isn't legit or has had a lot of complaints in the past.

Sep 23, 15:09
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

Alicia,

First of all, self moving in general is a great choice for people on tight budget, and who are motivated enough to go through the hardship of packing and loading the truck/container.

Regarding ABF U-Pack: this is a very big company with thousands of trucks (around 5000, to be more precise), and has decent BBB record (32 complaints is very reasonable given such a large number of trucks). ABF also have many good reviews on Epinions.com, and is highly regarded in few other consumer sites.

A good choice, I would say.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

Mar 03, 21:18
Comment by jmarchesi (Joshua Marchesi)

I haven't used ABF, but I did use Pods for a move, and was shocked to find out right at the end how much the transportation was going to cost. It was a great option for us, since we weren't sure where we were going and needed to store our stuff for nearly two months until we found out, but that nearly $4000 hit at the last minute (Northwest Arkansas to Washington DC) was a pretty unpleasant surprise. Also, be sure to double check that you've got somewhere to place the container(s) at your new place. We had to get ours cleared out in a day and ended up spending another $600 on labor to unload them. I would definitely consider using this method again, but I'd be a lot more careful about planning for the hidden costs...

Moving Boxes & Supplies

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)