How reliable it is to move with a self moving company?
Sep 23, 15:09
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Rate this Answer
Mar 03, 21:18
Comment by jmarchesi (Joshua Marchesi)
I haven't used ABF, but I did use Pods for a move, and was shocked to find out right at the end how much the transportation was going to cost. It was a great option for us, since we weren't sure where we were going and needed to store our stuff for nearly two months until we found out, but that nearly $4000 hit at the last minute (Northwest Arkansas to Washington DC) was a pretty unpleasant surprise. Also, be sure to double check that you've got somewhere to place the container(s) at your new place. We had to get ours cleared out in a day and ended up spending another $600 on labor to unload them. I would definitely consider using this method again, but I'd be a lot more careful about planning for the hidden costs...
1. How can I find a good self moving company?
2. Cross country moving, but don't need stuff delivered for a month - what to do?
3. What's the best way to pack a truck?
4. How big are those U-Load We-Drive containers?
5. Do self moving companies provide furniture pads?
6. What is the difference between moving with pods and renting a truck?
7. Using a U-Pack-We-Drive service for books and unbreakables
8. Should we move with PODS or a moving company?
9. Moving cross country using U-Pack We-Drive company
10. How do I find someone with extra space on the truck for cross country move?
See all questions from TRUCK RENTAL & SELF MOVING->Self moving questions