Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Truck Rental

TRUCK RENTAL & SELF MOVING
-> Truck rental questions
Sep 11, 14:32
Question by bronco86 (Edward)

Using a car trolley with small size truck

I am looking to rent a truck and a car trolley to move from Charlotte to Denver and am moving a queen bed and frame, dresser, tv stand, tv, golf clubs and approx 10-15 boxes with clothes and kitchenware, etc. I think this would fit in a 10' truck from Budget or Penske, but I cannot use a car trolley on this sized truck. Is there a regulation that does not allow this and do you believe I have enough stuff to warrant getting the 16' truck? Also, why do you strongly not recommend Uhaul? Thanks.

Sep 11, 14:56
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

Edward,

You are right about the size of the truck - 10' will usually be enough for a shipment of your size. Regarding towing your car with rented truck of any size I would recommend you to check Budget 2007 Towability Guide. Usually, you can find the maximum towed vehicle weight decal posted on the truck's bumper, but I would still recommend you to call Budget or Penske representative and inquire regarding your particular car and the truck you want to rent.

In case there is no way you can tow your car with 10' truck I would recommend just renting a bigger truck (the difference in the price would not be drastic anyway).

Regarding Uhaul vs. Budget or Penske: we do not recommend Uhaul simply because of their poor BBB record (3335 complaints in the last 3 years - as of today. Ouchhh) and many feedbacks we heard about them from people around us. Although it is one of the most recognizable brands for moving, the quality of their trucks as well as their customer service and actual availability of the trucks leaves a lot of space for improvement. Budget and Penske have a much better record with the consumers. 

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

Horisontal banner

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)