Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:

HELPFUL LINKS:

PREPARING YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY
-> Other questions
Oct 08, 03:10
Question by Christynotalot (Christy)

Need to move but don't know how - please help!

I'm 26, currently living in Ventura CA with my parents (who I've never lived aways from) and am not happy with the "social" enviroment if you know what I mean (drinking, drugs, old friends, the whole Melrose Place without the Heather Locklear). I had plans to move to Arizona but chickened out so now I'm back in CA. I'm currently not working which drives me crazy and I'm COMPLETELY LOST!!! I'm not sure if I should stay here in CA, move to Arizona as planned, or possible just try somewhere else. PLEASE help me! Or at least give an option.

Oct 08, 15:50
Answer by bobfein (Bob F.)

Christy,

Although the purpose of this site is to help people more with technical sides of moving, I might give you some ideas that would help you make the kind of decision you are looking for.

If I were you I would move to New York. Its very much different from California or the South West in general, and if you are tired of Melrose Place it could be a nice idea to switch to Sex and The City for a while.

You might find it very refreshing, both because New York is really chilly in the winter and because you will learn fast that nobody cares about you there. Make sure you buy a one way ticket so that when you chicken out again this time there will be no way back until you get yourself together and do something about it.

I recommend you to check this guy's page (click here), he is giving lots of useful tips regarding moving to New York from the west coast.

Good luck with your life, and if you decide to move - come back to this site and we will be happy to answer any of your other moving questions (I would even suggest you to add us to your Favorites, but you dont really have to... :)

Good luck with your move,

Bob F. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)