FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Craig Van Lines, USDOT #486494
-> Company public recordsJul 14, 15:16
Question by tuscarora (Bob)
Have estimates from 3 movers. Appreciate any public info.
Able Moving and Storage, Manassas, VA DOT 125550
Craig Van Lines, Gainesville, VA MC-217589
The Moving Company, Jessup, MD
Jul 15, 13:27
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Craig Van Lines, USDOT#486494
Safety Of Use Rating: A
(98.56%, RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)
From their website www.craigvanlines.com:
On their website you can actually see photos of their crew members and management, as well as photos of their trucks.
- This company is independent (not an agent for any major van lines).
- Licensing information: not specified
- Contact Information:
11100 Phoenix Dr., Fairfax, VA 22030
7400 Gallerher Rd, Gainesville, VA 22065
- Members of: not specified.
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: US DOT #486494, MC #217589
- Trucks: 14.
- Phones: (703) 273-8852
- Office location: 7400 Gallerher Rd, Gainesville, VA 22065
- The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license and insurance.
- Inspections section shows the following statistics:
- Driver out-of-service rating: above the national average
- Vehicle out-of-service rating: below the national average
From other sources:
- Members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: May 1980
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: 2.
Complaints issues: Credit or Billing Disputes (1), and Service Issues (1). The complaints were mostly resolved.
- MovingScam.com: mentioned but no other information.
- ConsumerAffairs.com: no mentioning of that company on ConsumerAffairs.com
- RipOffReport.com: no mentioning of that company on RipOffReport.com
- Complaints.com: no mentioning of that company on Complaints.com
- MoverReviews.com: no mentioning of that company on MoverReviews.com
- Other Sources: ProtectYourMove.gov: one complaint with the National Consumer Complaint Database (NCCDB).
We would recommend using this company. Despite the few complaints they had with the BBB and NCCDB this company is very long time in business, family run, and has large fleet of their own local and long distance trucks.
To stay on a safe side follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move), and insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
5. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
6. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
9. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
10. Consumer Report: Fixed Price Moving Systems Inc., USDOT# 961903
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service