Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Auto Transport

AUTO TRANSPORT
-> Find car mover
Jul 06, 23:08
Question by catomd777 (Aditi Shekar)

Consumer Report: Secure Auto Transport

Hi, I have gotten a price quote to move my car on an open carrier from CA to MD for $950. The company information is below: Secure Auto Transport www.secure-autotransport.com (800)-974-7447 Fax: 954-489-2793 Courtney Edwards Can you please let me know if this is a legitimate and safe company to use? I have placed a deposit with them for $150 and asked for references, however, the person I have been in touch with has not responded to my request. Also, what are your thoughts on putting additional luggage inside the car? They had mentioned that we are allowed an additional 100 pounds. But is it safe to do so?

Jul 07, 22:15
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

Aditi,

Very little could we find on this company. Their website is hardly revealing any information, it is practically impossible to learn from it where the company is located (we know its in Florida because or their fax area code).

First of all, this company is a broker, so they will subcontract your job to a real car transport company (which you have no control over who it will be). Second, there is no BBB file, which leads us to believe this company is only few months in business.

The only discussion we found on it was on MovingScam.com (see it here), which confirms most of our assumptions.

I would be very careful with that company. They still are too young, and hiding like they do adds very little to the consumers' confidence.

As to your second question - here is a quote from our Moving Guide -> Auto Transport Tips:
Do not leave personal possessions of any kind in your car. The transporters will not be held responsible for any personal items stored in vehicle that are lost or stolen. Of course spare tires, car jacks, and other standard items that can be found in a trunk of a new car are not a problem. Make sure anything left in the car is tied down securely.
I hope that answers your question.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)