FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
-> Company public recordsJul 01, 10:25
Question by bstagert (Robert Tagert)
Please let us know how this company is rated by you:
Atlant Express, LLC.
MC#579523 USDOT# 1561588 NJ LIC# PM000947
Jul 01, 17:12
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Atlant Express, USDOT#1561588
Safety Of Use Rating: NOT RATABLE
(see how we calculate SOUR)
From their website www.atlant-express.com:
- This company is independent (not an agent for any major van lines).
- Licensing information: US DOT #1561588, MC #579523
- Contact Information:
376 Hamburg Tpke, Wayne, NJ 07470
- Members of: not specified.
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: US DOT #1561588, MC #579523
- Trucks: 1.
- Phones: (973) 790-9006
- Office location: 376 Hamburg Tpke, Wayne, NJ 07470
- The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license and insurance.
- Inspections section shows the following statistics:
- Driver out-of-service rating: above the national average
- Vehicle out-of-service rating: below the national average
From other sources:
- Not members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: not mentioned
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: not mentioned.
This information is listed in their BBB file: The BBB has not received a sufficient volume of requests for information, nor has the Bureau received any complaints on this firm to warrant the development of a full report. The information provided, however limited, is presented to assist you in your purchasing decision or for any other purpose you deem relevant.
Since this company is just few month old we will not give it any rating yet. Keep in mind that they have only one truck though.
If you still decide for some reason to hire this company we advise you to take some protective steps. Follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move). Also, insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
You should also ask them the following questions:
- Who is going to deliver your stuff to the final destination? This company is not an agent of any major van lines, so they either have their own interstate trucks, or they use a subcontractor.
- If they use a subcontractor it will still be OK to use them - as long as you run a similar investigation of the company they plan to subcontract your job to. Get the name of the company they use for delivery, however keep in mind that there are hundreds of independent truck owners that small and medium size companies use as subcontractors.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
5. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
6. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
7. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
8. Consumer Report: Fixed Price Moving Systems Inc., USDOT# 961903
9. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
10. Consumer Report: A A A Moving & Storage Corporation, Oakdale, NY
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service