FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Unity Van Lines, US DOT #1201305
-> Company public recordsJun 29, 15:55
Question by bstagert (Robert Tagert)
Can you check the reliability of two moving companies as follows?:
Unity Van Lines - MC #478727 and US DOT #1201305
Mustang Moving - MC #442872 and US DOT #1058934
Jun 30, 15:12
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Unity Van Lines, USDOT#1201305
Safety Of Use Rating: D
(50.27%, NOT RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)
From their website www.unityvanlines.net:
- This company is independent (not an agent for any major van lines).
- Licensing information: US DOT #1201305, MC #478727
- Contact Information:
- Members of: not specified.
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: US DOT #1201305, MC #478727
- Trucks: 1.
- Phones: (201) 398-9884
- Office location: 5-25 2nd Street, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
- The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license and insurance.
- Inspections section shows the following statistics:
- Driver out-of-service rating: above the national average
- Vehicle out-of-service rating: below the national average
There are two files for this company with the BBB, and we will summarize the findings of both files:
From other sources:
- Members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: 11/1/2003
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: 5.
Complaints issues: Delivery Issues (4), and Service Issues (1). The complaints were mostly resolved.
If the SaferSys.org database is not lying about the size of their fleet then this is a very small company. The estimated number of moves they do a year and the comparable number of complaints indicates that every second customer will have a problem with the move.
I would recommend you to do some more shopping around to see what other companies have to offer. You can get few quotes from several long distance movers right here. If you still decide for some reason to hire this company we advise you to take some protective steps. Follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move). Also, insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
5. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
6. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
9. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
10. Consumer Report: Fixed Price Moving Systems Inc., USDOT# 961903
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service