FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Planes Moving & Storage, USDOT #247584
-> Company public recordsJun 26, 09:21
Question by jzhou (jing zhou)
I want to get the information about this company:
Planes Companies in Ohio, telephone number:513-759-3694
Thanks a lot,
Jun 30, 11:08
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Planes Moving & Storage, USDOT#247584
Safety Of Use Rating: AA
(99.69%, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)
Planes Incorporated is a group of companies in Ohio (Columbus, Dayton, and headquarters greater Cincinnati area), Chicago, Florence (KY), and Indianapolis. Since each of those companies have separate US DOT license and separate BBB file we will rate each of them as independent of the other companies.
The one you are interested in is their corporative headquarters, and its located in the greater Cincinnati area (US DOT #247584).
From their website www.planesunited.com:
- This company is an agent for United Van Lines.
- Licensing information: MC-89700, (OH) 4316-HG, (KY) 945, United Van Lines licenses: ICC No. MC 67234 / US Dot #077949
- Contact Information:
- Members of: not specified.
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: US DOT #247584, MC #89700
- Trucks: 213.
- Phones: (513) 759-6000
- Office location: 9823 Cincinnati Dayton Rd, West Chester, OH 45069
- The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license and insurance.
- Inspections section shows the following statistics:
- Driver out-of-service rating: above the national average
- Vehicle out-of-service rating: below the national average
From other sources:
- Members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: 1/1/1920
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: 10.
The complaints were mostly resolved.
Overall, Planes Moving & Storage seems to be a major player nationwide, especially since it is an agent of United. I believe their Cincinnati headquarters conduct most of their business, and according to our formula this company can be highly recommended to the consumers.
To stay on a safe side follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move), and insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
4. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
5. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
6. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
9. Consumer Report: A A A Moving & Storage Corporation, Oakdale, NY
10. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service