You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

TRUCK RENTAL & SELF MOVING
-> Other questions
Jun 19, 10:44
Question by nic (nic)

Moving by train

can i ship my 10x10 storage unit by train to california?

Jun 20, 15:47
Answer by bobfein (Bob F.)

Well,

That's a tough one.

After doing a bunch of research I came to a conclusion that there might not be any service such as that available at all. I don't know where you are travelling from, but as far as Amtrak concerned there is no direct passenger service from New York to California, and most certainly there is no household hauling service offered at all.

If there is a train moving service offered by any company - please come back to our site and let us know, that would be an exciting piece of information to share with our visitors.

Good luck with your move,

Bob F. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

May 20, 13:17
Comment by sr999 (Mary)

I've seen storage containers, like PODS or Mobile Mini, on trains before. Checked with both companies tho, & neither uses train. So, I wonder who is able to do that? Surely, there must be a way, especially considering gas prices now! How to go about finding it tho? Maybe look up storage unit companies to see if any will have it put on a train for you? I'm facing the same problem myself. Any leads would be appreciated, as I'm not sure where to start.

Moving Boxes & Supplies

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)