FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: A A A Moving & Storage Corporation, Oakdale, NY
-> Company public recordsJun 17, 12:46
Question by RFriedman (Rob Friedman)
All I find on this company is a NYDOT Tnumber (T11992). How do I find out about them???
Jun 17, 19:56
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
AAA Moving & Storage Corporation, USDOT#1638581
Safety Of Use Rating: A
(95.98%, RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)
The legal name of this company is "Always There Moving & Storage Moving Corp".
From their website :
We could not locate their website, probably because they have none.
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: US DOT #1638581, there is no MC number.
- Trucks: 2.
- Phones: (631) 563-2837
- Office location: 240 Shore Drive, Oakdale, NY 11769
- The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license. However, we could not locate their insurance record.
- Inspections section shows no inspections.
From other sources:
- Not members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: 1/1/1984
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: 1.
Complaints issues: Service Issues (1). The complaint was resolved.
- MovingScam.com: mentioned briefly on MovingScam.com, no complaints
- ConsumerAffairs.com: no mentioning of that company on ConsumerAffairs.com
- RipOffReport.com: no mentioning of that company on RipOffReport.com
- Complaints.com: no mentioning of that company on Complaints.com
- MoverReviews.com: no mentioning of that company on MoverReviews.com
- Other Sources: no other mentioning of that company found elsewhere.
In general I would recommend using this company. They are small, but very long time in business and have only one complaint that was more then a year ago and was resolved. According to our formula you have over 95% to be satisfied with them, which is a very high chance.
To stay on a safe side follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move), and insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
In case of a long distance move before making your choice you should ask them the following questions:
- Who is going to deliver your stuff to the final destination? This company is not an agent of any major van lines, so they either have their own interstate trucks, or they use a subcontractor.
- If they use a subcontractor it will still be OK to use them - as long as you run a similar investigation of the company they plan to subcontract your job to. Get the name of the company they use for delivery, however keep in mind that there are hundreds of independent truck owners that small and medium size companies use as subcontractors.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
Jun 17, 23:44
Comment by RFriedman (Rob Friedman)
Thanks!!! makes me feel MUCH MUCH better!! I did get a good feeling from them over the phone.. They seem to do Flat Rate with Binders only. only reason it went up (and not much by comparison) is I was asking on moving from 3 people to 4 people.
funny thing... I got a call today from Flat Rate (in nyc) to a request I put in almost 2 weeks ago. the quote they gave me (a rough quote) was 3 times higher than anyone else even suggested!!!
thanks for the fast response!!
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
5. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
6. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
9. Consumer Report: Fixed Price Moving Systems Inc., USDOT# 961903
10. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service