Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Boxes & Supplies

FINDING A MOVER
-> Company public records
Jun 17, 12:46
Question by RFriedman (Rob Friedman)

Consumer Report: A A A Moving & Storage Corporation, Oakdale, NY

All I find on this company is a NYDOT Tnumber (T11992). How do I find out about them???

Jun 17, 19:56
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

AAA Moving & Storage Corporation, USDOT#1638581

Safety Of Use Rating: A
(95.98%, RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)

The legal name of this company is "Always There Moving & Storage Moving Corp".

From their website :

We could not locate their website, probably because they have none.

From Safersys.org:

Safersys.org reveals the following information:
  • Licensing info: US DOT #1638581, there is no MC number.
  • Trucks: 2.
  • Phones: (631) 563-2837
  • Office location: 240 Shore Drive, Oakdale, NY 11769
  • The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license. However, we could not locate their insurance record.
  • Inspections section shows no inspections.
From Better Business Bureau:

• Not members of the BBB
  • Original Business Start Date: 1/1/1984
  • Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: 1.

Complaints issues: Service Issues (1). The complaint was resolved.

From other sources:
    • MovingScam.com: mentioned briefly on MovingScam.com, no complaints
    • ConsumerAffairs.com: no mentioning of that company on ConsumerAffairs.com
    • RipOffReport.com: no mentioning of that company on RipOffReport.com
    • Complaints.com: no mentioning of that company on Complaints.com
    • MoverReviews.com: no mentioning of that company on MoverReviews.com
    • Other Sources: no other mentioning of that company found elsewhere.

Summary:

In general I would recommend using this company. They are small, but very long time in business and have only one complaint that was more then a year ago and was resolved. According to our formula you have over 95% to be satisfied with them, which is a very high chance.

To stay on a safe side follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move), and insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.

In case of a long distance move before making your choice you should ask them the following questions:
    1. Who is going to deliver your stuff to the final destination? This company is not an agent of any major van lines, so they either have their own interstate trucks, or they use a subcontractor.

2. If they use a subcontractor it will still be OK to use them - as long as you run a similar investigation of the company they plan to subcontract your job to. Get the name of the company they use for delivery, however keep in mind that there are hundreds of independent truck owners that small and medium size companies use as subcontractors.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
    You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

Jun 17, 23:44
    Comment by RFriedman (Rob Friedman)

alex..
    Thanks!!! makes me feel MUCH MUCH better!! I did get a good feeling from them over the phone.. They seem to do Flat Rate with Binders only. only reason it went up (and not much by comparison) is I was asking on moving from 3 people to 4 people.

funny thing... I got a call today from Flat Rate (in nyc) to a request I put in almost 2 weeks ago. the quote they gave me (a rough quote) was 3 times higher than anyone else even suggested!!!

thanks for the fast response!!

Rob

Moving Made Simple

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)