You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINDING A MOVER
-> Company public records
Jun 07, 18:27
Question by Ronald (R . Spetter )

Consumer Report: PriceBreak! Shipping

We are moving from the USA to Brazil We are thinking of choosing PriceBreak! International shipping to move us. Are they a dependable company?

Jun 08, 15:24
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

Since Our SOUR formula is not fit to rate international movers I will only present the results of my findings without rating this company:
  1. I could not locate their record with the USDOT, however I managed to discover that it is registered in Panama, therefore its not an American company.

2. They don't have a BBB record (which makes sense since this is not an American company).

3. Other consumer sites have some interesting discussions about this company. For example, MovingScam.com lists both bad and good reviews - I would recommend you to read this thread to get a better idea.

In general, PriceBreak! Shipping is an international broker, and they will basically organize all the aspects of your move and will find moving and shipping companies that will handle each step of the moving process under PriceBreak! supervision. Unlike domestic moving brokers, international moving brokers might actually be very helpful, however you need to make sure that they specialize in moving to the country of your destination.

I would recommend you to get some more quotes from international movers, and collect at least 3 visual estimates before you decide on a mover. You can also try the agents of major van lines, since most of them are licensed to do international moves.

In any case, I would recommend for everyone moving abroad to read this article from Federal Maritime Commission's website: Complaints or Inquiries Involving Individual Shipments of Household Goods or Private Automobiles.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
Moving Boxes & Supplies

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)