FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Infinity Moving and Storage, USDOT #985862
-> Company public recordsJun 07, 16:19
Question by bschranz (Barbara Schranz)
I have been in contact with company and have an estimate of $1765.50 for moving 600 cubic feet, 4200 pounds, from Wisconsin to New Jersey. Waiting to see if they change the estimate since I have found out my goods will be 635 cubic feet and 4445 pounds. My goods are already boxed and wrapped from a prior sea container shipment, is it possible to negotiate a lower price which does not include packing materials?
I really need to investigate the company because no matter what deal I negotiate it won?t be any good if they are shysters.
Jun 08, 14:50
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Infinity Moving and Storage, USDOT#985862
Safety Of Use Rating: D
(54.79%, NOT RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)
From their website www.infinitymoving.com:
- This company is independent (not an agent for any major van lines).
- Licensing information: US DOT #985862, MC #423291, NYDOT: #T-35436
- Contact Information:
Toll Free: 888-545-8400
- Members of: not specified.
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: US DOT #985862, MC #423291
- Trucks: 9.
- Phones: (718) 629-2900
- Office location: 1373 East 87th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11236
- The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license and insurance. Their authority was granted in 2002 and they had one revocation since then.
- Inspections section shows the following statistics:
- Driver out-of-service rating: above the national average
- Vehicle out-of-service rating: below the national average
This summary was listed under Nature of Business: Consumer complaints to the BBB indicate that these movers deliver property up to 1 month late. Consumers also experienced missing and damaged property, and confusion about pricing and insurance issues."
From other sources:
- Not members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: 1/1/2000
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: 35.
Complaints issues: Contract Disputes (2), Credit or Billing Disputes (5), Delivery Issues (15), Refund Practices (1), Selling Practices (1), and Service Issues (11). The complaints were mostly resolved.
Based on the result of this investigation I would not recommend using this company. It seems like every second move they do results in some sort of consumer dissatisfaction, which is too risky.
I would recommend you to do some more shopping around to see what other companies have to offer. You can get few quotes from several long distance movers right here. In any case, never book with a company that did not perform a visual estimate in your house and did not give you a flat price for your move. Also, check this thread to learn How to find a good moving company.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
5. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
6. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: A A A Moving & Storage Corporation, Oakdale, NY
9. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
10. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service