FINDING A MOVER
Is it worthy to move with Smart Move?
-> Company public recordsMay 29, 16:42
Question by boon5025 (Christine)
Does anybody have an experience with Smart Move? I got a quote from SmartMove and the estimated price is higher than other moving companies.
I am not sure it is worthy to move with Smart Move. Any advice?
May 30, 00:16
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
From a quick research here is what I found on Smart Move:
To summarize, it is really hard to say wether it is worth to use this company in your case. I suggest you to get more estimates from other self-moving companies (click here to get several quotes). You should also compare it to full service movers, since you might not want to do all the packing, loading and unloading by yourself.Good luck with your move,
- They seem to be a kind of U-Pack We-Drive company, except it was hard to establish who does the actual hauling - in SaferSys.org database this company seems to have all the necessary licensing and insurance, but no trucks listed. I believe they have some kind of a deal with UPS.
- For the same reason it was also hard to establish the volume of their moves a year.
- They are members of the BBB and have 10 complaints listed with the Bureau for the last 3 years.
- It seems like this company offers relatively flexible terms for using their portable containers (SmartVaultsTM, weather-resistant), meaning you get more time to pack your things into the unit before they come to pick it up.
- On other consumer sites there are both good and non-satisfactory reviews on this company.
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
5. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
6. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
9. Consumer Report: Fixed Price Moving Systems Inc., USDOT# 961903
10. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service