Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Made Simple

FINDING A MOVER
-> Company public records
May 29, 16:42
Question by boon5025 (Christine)

Is it worthy to move with Smart Move?

Does anybody have an experience with Smart Move? I got a quote from SmartMove and the estimated price is higher than other moving companies. I am not sure it is worthy to move with Smart Move. Any advice?

May 30, 00:16
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

Christine,

From a quick research here is what I found on Smart Move:

• They seem to be a kind of U-Pack We-Drive company, except it was hard to establish who does the actual hauling - in SaferSys.org database this company seems to have all the necessary licensing and insurance, but no trucks listed. I believe they have some kind of a deal with UPS.

• For the same reason it was also hard to establish the volume of their moves a year.

• They are members of the BBB and have 10 complaints listed with the Bureau for the last 3 years.

• It seems like this company offers relatively flexible terms for using their portable containers (SmartVaultsTM, weather-resistant), meaning you get more time to pack your things into the unit before they come to pick it up.

• On other consumer sites there are both good and non-satisfactory reviews on this company.
To summarize, it is really hard to say wether it is worth to use this company in your case. I suggest you to get more estimates from other self-moving companies (click here to get several quotes). You should also compare it to full service movers, since you might not want to do all the packing, loading and unloading by yourself.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

Moving Made Simple

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)