Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Boxes & Supplies

FINDING A MOVER
-> Company public records
May 25, 14:26
Question by vnadeau (Vanessa)

Consumer Report: King David Van Lines, USDOT #1599827

I am moving to Alabama on June 10th, I got a fabulous quote from King David Vanlines. I can't find any info on that company on the internet and I am unable to enter their website. I was wondering if you have any info on this company. I can't find any complaints on them

May 25, 22:43
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

King David Van Lines, USDOT#1599827

Safety Of Use Rating: NOT RATABLE
(see how we calculate SOUR)

This company advertises itself as being family owned and operating since 1964. Here is the company profile as taken from their web site:

"King David Van Lines is in its 3rd generation family ownership. In 1964, King David Van Lines started as a crane company, Over the years our services grew from cranes to corporate relocation, small machinary pick up and deliveries which led us to the moving industry serving any size move. completing over 300,000 moves nationwide..."

However, we could not find any traces of this company anywhere. They don't have a BBB file, and they are not listed with the Florida Movers & Warehousemen's Association.

Also, according to the SaferSys.org website, this company only had its household goods authority granted on February 16th this year.

From their website www.kingdavidvanlines.com:

• This company is independent (not an agent for any major van lines).
  • Licensing information: US DOT #1599827, MC #592243
  • Contact Information:
    phones:
    866.KING.116
    address:
    5923 Ravens Wood Rd. #G4, Dania, FL 33312

• Members of: not specified.

From Safersys.org:

Safersys.org reveals the following information:
  • Licensing info: US DOT #1599827, MC #592243
  • Trucks: 1.
  • Phones: (954) 964-3506
  • Office location: 5923 Ravens Wood Rd. #G4, Dania, FL 33312
  • The information in the Safersys.org report indicates no problems with their license and insurance.
  • Inspections section shows the following statistics:
    - Driver out-of-service rating: below the national average
    - Vehicle out-of-service rating: below the national average
From Better Business Bureau:

We could not locate this company's BBB file, probably due to the fact that it is a very new company.

From other sources:
    • MovingScam.com: mentioned once, they claim that this company is a reincarnation of few others, short living, companies, owned by the same people.
    • ConsumerAffairs.com: no mentioning of that company on ConsumerAffairs.com
    • RipOffReport.com: no mentioning of that company on RipOffReport.com
    • Complaints.com: no mentioning of that company on Complaints.com
    • MoverReviews.com: no mentioning of that company on MoverReviews.com
    • Other Sources: no other mentioning of that company found elsewhere.

Summary:

This company seems to be too young to get any rating from us. If the information in MovingScam.com is correct, this company should not be trusted. In any case, if you choose to continue negotiating with this company please ask them to provide you a solid proof that this company is in fact family owned and has been in business for 43 years. Also, ask them how they managed to complete over 300,000 moves nationwide with just one truck, and during those 3 months that they have their moving license.

I would recommend you to do some more shopping around to see what other companies have to offer. You can get few quotes from several long distance movers right here. In any case, never book with a company that did not perform a visual estimate in your house and did not give you a flat price for your move. Also, check this thread to learn How to find a good moving company.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
    You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

Moving Made Simple

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)