FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: All Points Moving and Storage (Atlas Van Lines), TxDOT #005846831C
-> Company public recordsMay 16, 18:32
Question by sheilaj (sheila)
My husband and I will be moving from Austin, TX to Chapel Hill, NC in two separate shipments, about 1.5 months apart. The first will take most of the boxed things (clothes, books, kitchen gear, etc.) and some excess furniture, and the second will take the rest. We'll drive our own cars so we can transport some valuables and our two dogs ourselves. I'll be in North Carolina to close on our new home at the time of the first shipment, so I can meet the movers to supervise the delivery, though I'll be back and forth between TX and NC after that for a while so I need the delivery date to be reasonably reliable (maybe 3-4 day window).
I'd be grateful for your help evaluating which company I should use. I'm also interested in your advice on whether I should ask for a binding estimate on the total (both shipments combined) or each part separately, i.e., if I'm unhappy I could switch movers for the second part. I'm not sure if they would charge more on a per pound basis in that case.
Here are the four movers I'm considering. I have not yet gotten quotes from any of these companies, but I've checked them out with the Central TX Better Business Bureau and found 0-4 complaints per company in 36 months.
1) Central Transportation Systems (United Van Lines)
2) All Points Moving and Storage (Atlas Van Lines)
3) Ace Relocation Systems (Atlas Van Lines)
4) Berger (Allied Van Lines)
** You have reviewed Berger Allied before, but with emphasis on their NJ office -- I am interested in the Austin office. Their BBB reports show a slightly higher complaint rate (based on www.centraltx.bbb.org) but I don't know if that's statistically significant.
Thanks in advance for your help!
May 23, 10:53
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
All Points Moving and Storage, USDOT# - could not locate
Safety Of Use Rating: AA
(99.79%, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)
From their website www.allpointsmoving.com:
- This company is an agent for Atlas Van Lines.
- Licensing information: TxDOT No. 005846831C
- Contact Information:
3815-A Jarrett Way, Suite 180
Austin, TX 78728
7225 West Sam Houston Pkwy. North
Houston, TX 77040-3190
- Members of: BBB
We could not locate this company in Safersys.org database. However, for the purpose of this investigation we will use the TX DOT file that we found on www.dot.state.tx.us:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: TxDOT #005846831C
- Trucks: 29.
- Phones: 713-690-7000
- Office location: 7225 West Sam Houston Pkwy. North, Houston, TX 77040
- The information in the Tx DOT report indicates no problems with their license and insurance.
From other sources:
- Members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: January 1974
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: 1. Complaints issues: Contract Disputes (1). The complaint was resolved.
- MovingScam.com: no mentioning of that company on MovingScam.com
- ConsumerAffairs.com: no mentioning of that company on ConsumerAffairs.com
- RipOffReport.com: no mentioning of that company on RipOffReport.com (there are several reports about two different companies with the same name in MD and CA, no relation)
- Complaints.com: no mentioning of that company on Complaints.com
- MoverReviews.com: no mentioning of that company on MoverReviews.com
- Other Sources: no other mentioning of that company found elsewhere.
I would highly recommend using this company. It has maintained a very low level of complaints compared to the size of their fleet, and it is estimated that only 1 out of 400 moves results in some consumer dissatisfaction, which is practically negligible.
In any case, to stay on a safe side follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move), and insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
5. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
6. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
9. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
10. Consumer Report: Fixed Price Moving Systems Inc., USDOT# 961903
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service