You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Boxes & Supplies

TRUCK RENTAL & SELF MOVING
-> Self moving questions
May 11, 19:01
Question by snufy (warren wasmer)

Do self moving companies provide furniture pads?

I am looking at self move companies such as Upack, and Uhaul. But these self move companies don't seem to furnish furniture pads. Is this common? Thanks Warren

May 11, 19:51
Answer by henry (Henry Peterson)

Warren,

Furniture pads (also called "moving blankets" or "moving pads") are quite expensive, and therefore I assume many self moving companies would only sell you those and not lend. The reason is simple - U-pack-We-drive companies only deal with hauling of the shipment, they do no get involved in the packing-loading-unloading-unpacking process.

I know that most full service movers do lend those blankets for free, or rent them in case you need them for storage as long as you store the items in their facilites.

In your case I recommend using stretch wrap to initially wrap your furniture (this will protect if from moisture, dust, mold and small scratches), and on top of it use disposable paper pads (you can purchase them in our online box store for about $25 per set of 12 pads, 4'X6' each).

You could also purchase professional fabrique moving blankets, but these are quite expensive.

Good luck with your move,

Henry Peterson @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
Moving Boxes & Supplies

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)