Need a Mover?
Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINANCIAL SIDE OF MOVING
-> Other questions
May 10, 14:31
Question by glipari77@hotmail.co (Grace)

What factors influence tip amount for movers?

Do you increase the amount to tip the movers based on the length of the move (i.e. miles from point A to B)? Also, I'm assuming that you tip both the people that load and those that unload. Is this correct? Thanks, Grace

May 10, 21:55
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

First of all you should remember that you only tip the movers if they did a good job. I summarized the tipping issue for local moves in this thread.

For long distance moves you should not tip by the mileage of your move, but only for the work the movers actually did for you. Therefore it's only fair to give a bigger tip for the team that does the pick up, and then give another, smaller tip, to the team that delivers your items and unloads them.

The tip amount usually depends on the time spent by the movers and the difficulty of the move. Check the tipping calculator to calculate those amounts.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
Moving Boxes & Supplies

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2018, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)