You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Made Simple

TRUCK RENTAL & SELF MOVING
-> Self moving questions
May 03, 09:52
Question by lea palaya (lea palaya)

Should we move with PODS or a moving company?

Hi! We are relocating soon, from NY to Grand Praire, Texas. Most of our stuff are already packed, but we havent decided yet if we're going by PODS or moving truck. Which one do you think is best for our situation. We have very few furniture to bring with us. Need your help badly, me and my husband have different choice, and we cant decide. What are the advantages and disadvantages bet PODS and hiring moving company. Thanks. Lea

May 03, 13:33
Answer by julie (Julie Owens)

Lea,

We have collected several questions dealing with an issue similar to yours: whether to move with a full service mover or to go with self moving option.

I will list them here and you could check them out to see if it helps you: Basically, if you don't mind loading and unloading your items yourself then self moving is a better and a cheaper option for you. This way you know your items are locked and safe in the container just as you loaded them, and your bill will not get suddenly inflated.

The downside of self moving has to do with the fact that you might not load the container the right way and your items will shift during transportation. To prevent that I strongly recommend you to get yourself a copy of a DVD from MovingMadeSimple, explaining how to load the truck properly.

Good luck with your move,

Julie Owens @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

Moving Made Simple

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)