FINDING A MOVER
Consumer Report: Coakley Bros, USDOT #609018
-> Company public recordsApr 17, 14:02
Question by vida (Vida)
We are having a visual inspection scheduled for Coakley Brothers DOT #609018. When we called Allied Vans, they gave us his number. Has there been any problem with Coakley Brothers?
Apr 18, 01:00
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)
Coakley Bros, USDOT#609018
Safety Of Use Rating: A
(98.71%, RECOMMENDED - see how we calculate SOUR)
Coakley Bros is a very old moving company, dating from 1888.
From their website www.coakleybros.com:
- This company is an agent for Allied Van Lines.
- Licensing information: not specified
- Contact Information:
400 South 5th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
- Members of: not specified.
Safersys.org reveals the following information:
From Better Business Bureau:
- Licensing info: US DOT #609018, MC #511979
- Trucks: 14.
- Phones: (414) 278-7060
- Office location: 400 South 5th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
- The information in the Safersys.org report indicates missing authority and insurance, but since they are an active agent of Allied they operate under the license and insurance of Allied, so there is no problem with that
- Inspections section shows the following statistics:
- Driver out-of-service rating: slightly above the national average
- Vehicle out-of-service rating: below the national average
From other sources:
- Not members of the BBB
- Original Business Start Date: January 1888
- Based on BBB files, this company has a satisfactory record.
- Number of complaints processed in the last 36 months: 3. Complaints issues: Customer Service Issues (1), Credit or Billing Disputes (1), and Service Issues (1). The complaints were resolved.
- MovingScam.com: mentioned few times, very good reviews.
- ConsumerAffairs.com: no mentioning of that company on ConsumerAffairs.com
- RipOffReport.com: no mentioning of that company on RipOffReport.com
- Complaints.com: no mentioning of that company on Complaints.com
- Epinions.com: no mentioning of that company on Epinions.com
- Other Sources: no other mentioning of that company found elsewhere.
I would recommend hiring this company. They have a remarkable history of moving people in Wisconsin for over a hundred years, a large fleet of trucks and are agents of major van lines.
To stay on a safe side follow the guidelines in our Moving Guide regarding closing deals with movers and understanding your estimate, and make sure you insist on having an on-site visual and getting a binding estimate (but that should be done regardless of who you choose for your move), and insure your valuable items on MovingInsurance.com.
Good luck with your move,
Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!
Need a Mover?
Moving Quotes - START HERE:
Rate this Answer
1. What do you know about North America Moving Systems?
2. Consumer Report: Royal Moving & Storage (in NY), USDOT #1230294
3. Consumer Report: Nassau World Wide Movers, Inc. (United), USDOT #16815
4. Consumer Report: Security Moving & Storage, USDOT #
5. Consumer Report: Atlant Express, LLC. USDOT #1561588
6. Consumer Report: North American Van Lines USDOT #070851
7. Consumer Report: Expedia Moving and Storage, USDOT #1602529
8. Consumer Report: Ron's Delivery & Moving in Little Rock, USDOT #1326976
9. Consumer Report: Serpa Transport, Inc. (VA), USDOT #1209469
10. Consumer Report: Fixed Price Moving Systems Inc., USDOT# 961903
See all questions from FINDING A MOVER->Company public records
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service