You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

GENERAL ISSUES
-> When, what and how to move
Apr 16, 12:13
Question by heavin2 (Jeanette Massucco)

Moving wine collection

Hi, Can a mover move alcohol? I have 2 cases of good wines, who do you go to for moving?

Apr 16, 23:25
Answer by julie (Julie Owens)

It is recommended to move your wine collection in a special climate-controlled vehicle.

Finding one is not an easy task, since most movers do not have those trucks. It is not recommended to move your wine in a regular truck since (a) your wine might spend some time in a regular transitional storage, or/and (b) it will spend some time on a non-climate-controlled truck, and therefore will loose some of its value.

To find a company that can transport your wine I would recommend you to try to locate an appraiser or contact a local fine wine distributor or shop. They will be able to refer you to the company providing wine transportation services.

I also recommend you to check FedEx and UPS wine delivery programs. I think those companies can offer a good solution (although it is probably more expensive then using a moving company).

In any case, you should protect your collection by packing it well. Professional wine movers should know how to do it, but if you plan to pack yourself keep in mind the following advices:
  • You should get special wine boxes. They are made of styrofoam or corrugated cardboard and protect the bottles well. You can purchase them at stores that sell wine in your area.

• Wine should be packed on its side.

• Let the bottles rest at least for a week after arrival before you open them, otherwise it might loose in flavor.

Good luck with your move,

Julie Owens @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

Apr 17, 10:41
Comment by ()

Thank you Julie appreciate it...

Moving Made Simple

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)