Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINDING A MOVER
-> Other questions
May 18, 22:32
Question by lilli.pearl (Lily)

How Should I Ship/Move Clothes Across the Country?

I am moving from Scottsdale to Boston in 7 weeks. All I will be taking with me is lots of clothes, shoes, beauty products, hair tools, bedding, a few books and dvd's and player. No furniture at all. Also I want to ship my car not to add mileage onto it. How should I do this? Should I pay the extra fees on the flight, ship boxes of my belongings via the mail or ups? Is there a company that will move just small items like this?

May 20, 12:40
Answer by julie (Julie Owens)

Hello Lily,

Congratulations on your small move. There are numerous moving companies that specialize in these types of moves. When looking for movers ask if they can only move a small amount of your belongings. Oftentimes, movers can take on these jobs but they may tell you that your shipment will be included with another moving job. The best bet is to price out the movers as well as shipping options (mail, ups, etc) in order to determine what would be best for you.

In terms of moving your car, you can use a car mover. Car movers are moving professionals that only specialize in the shipment of vehicles. Just as you asked your potential moving company for a quote, you should meet with a car mover to discuss the specifics and determine the pricing as well as the time line for the delivery of your car.

With some planning and organization this move will go through without a hitch.

Good luck with your move,

Julie Owens @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)