You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

AUTO TRANSPORT
-> Find car mover
Mar 25, 16:22
Question by mmclean5 (Marty)

Moving a Car from the West to the East Coast

I am moving from Chico, California to Astoria, NY in two months. I have quite a bit of furniture to bring with me, however, I can not afford a moving company. The two most economical options would be to drive a large van from the West to East coast with my things in it, or to drive a truck and tow an enclosed uHaul trailer. Can you recommend the best way in getting in touch with someone about transporting their car back east? Would you recommend talking to car dealers or do they usually just go with car transporting companies because of liability?

Mar 28, 15:36
Answer by bobfein (Bob F.)

Congratulations on your exciting cross country move. For this special moving situation, we would recommend that you use a licensed and professional car transportation company. Car movers not only specialize in these types of moves but they offer you the expertise, liability and insurance you will need to move your car back east. We like using CarMovers.com where you can easily connect with companies that specialize in these types of moves throughout the U.S. On the site, you simply type in your shipping zip code and the state you are shipping to. In about a day or so, specific car movers will contact you and you can begin to learn more about these companies as well as obtain quotes.

Good luck on your move!

Good luck with your move,

Bob F. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)