Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Boxes & Supplies

PACKING AND PREPARING YOUR ITEMS
-> Storage questions
Apr 09, 19:22
Question by pfeifershari (shari pfeifer)

Packing and storing china and silver utensils

What is the best way to pack silver tea service, antique tea cups and china for long-term storage?

Apr 09, 22:19
Answer by henry (Henry Peterson)

Shari,

Lets start from your silver utensils. There are special types of cloth materials that you should use to store your silver to protect it from tarnish. For example I found this page that offers different solutions for silver storage. I would recommend to shop around on sites like Ebay, Amazon or Overstock.com for similar products.

When wrapped well your silver can be packed together with your other utensils in a kitchen box.
Your antique tea cups should be well protected and I would recommend carefully wrapping each of those items with bubble wrap to eliminate any chance that those items will be damaged at any time. Wrapping with lots of bubble wrap might seem costly and would take some extra space, but that depends on how much you want to prevent those items from being damaged.

For advice on how to pack your other china pieces and how to position all the items in the box I recommend reading this thread: http://www.movinganswers.org/thread/108/Packing-china.html.

I also recommend buying the "How to Pack Your Life in a Box" by MovingMadeSimple.net. This 20 minutes DVD will teach you some excellent techniques how to wrap pack your items in a box - a very good value for the $12.95 they want for the DVD.

Good luck with your move,

Henry Peterson @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

Moving Made Simple

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2018, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)