Need a Mover?
Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINANCIAL SIDE OF MOVING
-> Other questions
Dec 24, 08:59
Question by sailesh.krish (movingvictim)

Got Scammed by Movers

I found movers from craigslist who promised to move me from Hoboken to Jersey City (which is only about 10 min drive). I had a one-bedroom for $210 and also I needed a couch dropped off at a different location. After loading the truck and getting to the destination, they gave me a bill for $1,300 and said I would have to pay in cash otherwise they wouldnt unload the truck. They also shoved me around at which time I called the cops and they got his driver's license no. I paid them and they left without unloading one of my bags, which contained important electronic items and personal items of sentimental value. I looked up these guys later and there are bad reviews for them all over the net, including an 'F' rating from the BBB and reports in the ripoffreport.com. How can I go about getting my money and stuff back? The bill that hey gave me dosent contain their name...

Jan 11, 14:50
Answer by henry (Henry Peterson)

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your items and your money. If you don't have the name of the moving company the best bet would be to notify the police again. This sounds like a theft and since you have their driver's license the police may able to track them down. Without a name or company phone number, it would be difficult for you to do the work on your own.

Best of luck!

Good luck with your move,

Henry Peterson @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)