Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Boxes

FINDING A MOVER
-> Other questions
Mar 30, 13:55
Question by JManfredi (Justin)

Moving NYC to LA - need a good mover

Can you recommed a moving company or companies in the greater NYC Manhattan area as I am looking to move from NYC to Los Angeles, CA. And quite simply I am overwhelmed by the number of "sketchy" moving companies out there!

Mar 30, 20:43
Answer by bobfein (Bob F.)

Justin,

I certainly share your frustration regarding the quality of movers in New York City. Although there are a few of the better quality, a vast majority should still be avoided.

Greater New York City is where me and my collegues in MovingAnswers.org had our moving "baptism of fire", and most of the questions so far came from the folks around here.

For those reasons we decided to expand our services from just answering moving related questions to actually doing the field work of researching the movers' public record using all the tools at our disposal. You can read more about it in our article Checking consumer record of a mover on MovingAnswers.org

Regarding your particular case: we usually try to avoid recommending a particular mover unless it is done through the investigation as described in the article above. What you can do is to browse the list of investigations we had performed so far (click here) and check those movers who got a high Safety of Use Record (A, AA or AAA). In the nearest future we plan to create a separate search engine that will allow the users to browse the companies in their area and compare their records.

What I would still recommend you to do is to fill out a quote request and have several movers call/email you with quotes (service provided to our users by VanLines.com). Then check if any of those companies are listed on our site. If you think one of those companies has something good to offer you then post a request to have investigation made and we will take it from there.

Good luck with your move,

Bob F. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2018, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)