You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

GENERAL ISSUES
-> Other questions
May 26, 22:43
Question by theramb (Tricia)

Storage Options

I'm closing on the sale of my home on June 18th. I'm not closing on my new home until June 25 and will not gain possession of the new home until 21 days after closing. What are my options as far as storing my items. I have 4 bedroom home and lots of furniture.

Aug 06, 13:31
Answer by bobfein (Bob F.)

Hello,

For a short-term storage option, you might want to ask your moving company about what facilities they can offer you. Moving companies generally store in their own facilities that are either climate or temperature controlled and have security systems. This option is for people who aren’t as concerned about cost as they are about having a professional job done. People who have a lot of boxes or fine furniture, need packing services or those who aren’t physically capable or willing to spend the time to handle the job are usually the people who will contract and use moving company storage. Using a moving company, you can expect your furniture to be packed properly, picked up and transported to the facility.

Another option is to hold your belongings at a self storage company. They generally have different size rooms with variable options like climate or temperature control, or outside units (usually not climate or temperature controlled). Be prepared to pack, move and store all the items yourself. The good news is that many self storage facilities have flexible scheduling, starting with two week storage.

For more information about storage, check out these informative articles:

Good luck with your move,

Bob F. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)