You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

FINANCIAL SIDE OF MOVING
-> How to save on a move
Mar 25, 22:42
Question by metz1055 (Max)

Negotiating a better moving price based on previous estimates

We had one mover who gave us weight of 3600 lbs, cost of $2,448 and discount of 61%. Another mover gave us weight of 3700 lbs, cost of $2,239 and a discount of 65%. Can we go back to the first mover and have him match the discount price to 65%?

Mar 26, 00:14
Answer by alexzehn (Alex Z.)

Maxine,

I understand the discount those movers are talking about is probably called "discount from tariff". I bet the software those users are using is called Granot :)

This whole discount thing it too confusing and is basically an invitation to be robbed later on. What you should do is not try to play this "discounts" game, but to ask your movers to offer you a guarranteed flat price for your move based on the survey results, which is the estimated weight of your shipment multiplied by their offered price per pound, plus all the additional costs associated with your move such as packing materials, etc. (I mentioned the possible costs in this article).

You want to compare one bulk guarranteed price to another, as well as check that the companies you choose have clear background.

My advise is this: do not let the estimators confuse you with any of those sofisticated calculations, keep it simple and straightforward.

Good luck with your move,

Alex Z. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)