You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

GENERAL ISSUES
-> When, what and how to move
Apr 08, 16:43
Question by cetteferge (Jill)

Weeding out the many valuables?

I am moving to my father's home/office. He was a music composer/conductor, making the space a “veritable warehouse” of valuables filled with music, old files, pictures, etc. I want to know how to sort through, separate and save what is important for his legacy: what and how to sell; what to donate; what to auction off, etc? Does anyone know of a person/company that can help with those decisions? Thanks very much!

Apr 27, 15:29
Answer by ()

Hi Jill,

There are many companies that specialize in the transportation of valuables and artwork. Generally, you can locate several of these companies by doing a Google search, as well as by contacting moving companies themselves for this type of shipment. I also would imagine that museums, industry groups and charitable organizations can also help refer you to a company, since they deal with the transportation of many valuables. I would start by conducting a search in your origin area. This way, a company can make an accurate estimate by actually seeing your items, as well as establish a plan for the move. This is especially important since there are multiple phases involved in your move.

Have a great move!
The Staff at Moving Answers.org

Good luck with your move,

@ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)