You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

GENERAL ISSUES
-> When, what and how to move
Nov 11, 15:08
Question by tsao_fan (tsao_fan)

Significant delay in cross-country move

I just moved from Washington State to Washington D.C. My goods were picked up on October 21. Today is November 11, and I still haven't received my shipment. In other words, my goods have been in transit for 22 days. The mover does update me with the cause of the delay, i.e., series of mechanical breakdowns on the truck. However, they refuse to commit to a revised delivery date and are simply saying something to the effect of, "We're working on it. We'll get there when we get there." Is there anything I can do about this?

Jan 13, 16:10
Answer by ()

On the Bill of Lading from the moving company, there should be a designated area that denotes when delivery is suppose to occur. You should contact the company's corporate office and report the problem to the Department of Transportation. If this does not resolve the matter, you can also contact the state organization this company is based in, which is this case would be the Washington State Transportation Commission. 

Good luck with your move,

@ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)