Need a Mover?
Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

INTERNATIONAL MOVING
-> Choosing a mover
Oct 06, 14:15
Question by lagosnita (ANA MARIE JIMENEZ)

What do I need to know about moving to Chile?

HOW LONG DOES THE SHIP TAKE TO ARRIVE TO CHILE, DO I PAY CUSTOMS, SINCE I HAVE LIVED IN THE USA 34 YEARS? DO I HAVE TO DO MY OWN PACKING DO YOU DELIVER THE ITEMS TO SANTIAGO,CHILE?

Oct 14, 16:15
Answer by tjohnson (Tim J.)

It’s really hard to estimate travel time when moving to Chile, because there are so many factors.

I would first investigate international moving companies that could handle your job. Most of them should be able to give you an idea of how much your move will cost, and how long it will take for your items to get to Chile. Be sure you get an in-home moving estimate so they can see exactly what you need to have moved before you get final moving quotes.

As far as customs, I don’t believe it matters how long you’ve been in the U.S., but that's definitely something to discuss with your movers. 

Also, it's important to note that for an international move, the moving company must pack your items for you because they required to do a complete inventory and certify the contents of the shipment.  Most counties will not accept inventories prepared by the person who is moving -- the shipment will not pass customs.

As far as process, your goods will be transported to a port in the U.S., and then shipped to a Peruvian port. From there, your goods will be picked up by a Chilean mover and delivered to your residence in Santiago.

Good luck with your move,

Tim J. @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely
DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)