Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Moving from Zip code:
HELPFUL LINKS:

Moving Insurance

GENERAL ISSUES
-> Moving insurance
Aug 08, 08:22
Question by robertfeinstein (Robert Feinstein)

Moving insurance - is included in the move price or not?

Is there any kind of insurance included in the price I pay for my move? If not how do I go about getting one?

Aug 08, 10:37
Answer by julie (Julie Owens)

Law requires every licensed moving company to include in the price basic limited liability insurance of $0/60 per pound per article for long distance moves and $0.30 per pound per article for local moves. (e. g. if an antique chair got broken while in transit, and it weighs 50 pounds you will be compensated: (50 X.$0.60=$30)

Some companies will give you an option to purchase full coverage insurance from them directly. Alternatively, your company might recommend a moving insurance broker they are affiliated with.

You can also purchase insurance directly from Moving Insurance.com

To get more information visit our Moving Guide, click here: http://www.movingatoz.com/MovingGuide/Chapters/moving-insurance.php

Good luck with your move,

Julie Owens @ MovingAnswers.org

Follow us on Twitter for valuable tips on making your move easier!

Need a Mover? Get FREE Moving Quotes - START HERE:
You need help with:

Zip code:

Rate this Answer

Was this answer helpful?

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Definitely

No Comments to this thread » Add Comment

DISCLAIMER: The information (answers) provided by our researchers should be used as recommendatory only, and should not be used (or referred to) as legal substitute for any other information on the subject found elsewhere. MovingAnswers.org do not assume any responsibility for harm or damage resulting from the use of this information in any way. For more information please see our Terms of Service.

About | Contact Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | No-Spam PolicyLogin RSS

Copyright ©2009-2017, Move, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Move, Inc. | 5401 N Pima Rd, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ, 85250 | 800-248-MOVE (6683)